Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Emailed in error

On July the 4th I received an email from a woman in Australia to my gmail account, which I hardly use. It wasn't meant for me, it was intended for her son who's email address is similar:

I sent you a gmail earlier but realised I didn't place a stop between
your two names. I would like you to help me (not finiancially)
purchase a pair of remote headphones for Dad for his birthday. The
pair he has now only work in one ear. I paid $120 for them in Perth.
Can you see what you beaut new ones they have available at the moment.
Let me know if you can't and I will source them locally.

Two days later I received another one from her:

Hello adam.phillips@gmail. I accidently sent you an email that was
meant for my son. His name is Adam Phillips and he has told me he
didn't get the message from me. Then we realised I had the address
wrong. His is phillips.adam because the other address was taken.
Obviously by yourself.

Hope you are as lovely as he is. God bless you.

The thing is I want to reply because she sounds nice and god knows I could do with a new family, but I don't know how "lovely" he is. He could be an axe-wielding homocidal maniac, but a lovely one.

What should I say?

No comments: