Monday, February 09, 2004

Kazaa causes headache

I was just contacted by our internal support department who came to my machine and checked it for 'issues'. It turns out that the 'issue' was Kazaa hammering away on our test network, using mega-bandwith usage and causing some of our remote users (and offices - sorry Hong Kong) to fall over. Oops. Anyway, I have had Kazaa taken from me and placed in the teachers desk-drawer with my pea-shooter and catapult.

I should stick to KazaaLite in future apparently. Maybe this is why I get redirected to PerfectNav whenever I try to go to a site on my home machine. This is because Kazaa is 'spyware'. I thought spyware would be stuff like pens that fire bombs and shoes with go-karts in them, but no, spyware is far more dangerous. It sits on your machine and looks at everything you do, then tells someone else, rather like your boss.

No comments: