Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Memorable Quotes

"I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous, everyone hasn't met me yet."

"The greatest possession you have is the 24 hours directly in front of you."

"Life all comes down to a few moments. This is one of them."

"If you need a friend, get a dog."

"The 1961 Ferrari, two-fifty GT California. Less than a hundred were made. My father spent three years restoring this car. It is his love, it is his passion...It is his fault he didn't lock the garage."

"The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, and is nothing. Only a person who risks is free."

"You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is."

"Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac."

"Every man dies. Not every man really lives."

"Maybe there is no actual place called hell. Maybe hell is just having to listen to our grandparents breathe through their noses when they're eating sandwiches."

"Did you ever walk in a room and forget why you walked in? I think that's how dogs spend their lives."

"Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?"

"Honesty may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy."

"To alcohol, the nights that you’ll never remember, with the friends you’ll never forget!"

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

"There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past."

"A bookstore is one of the only pieces of evidence we have that people are still thinking."

"I am so busy doing nothing... that the idea of doing anything - which as you know, always leads to something - cuts into the nothing and then forces me to have to drop everything."

"There's very little advice in men's magazines, because men don't think there's a lot they don't know. Women do. Women want to learn. Men think, "I know what I'm doing, just show me somebody naked."

No comments: