Wednesday, July 07, 2010

6 Things Red Dead Redemption Taught Me About (Hating) Women

"One thing I noticed as I systematically eliminated women from the Old West was that no one really cared. In Red Dead, if you shoot a woman in front of witnesses, you only get a $5 bounty on your head and I think $4.79 of that is from noise complaints. Women are such third class citizens that you’ll get more of a hassle out of someone if you kill his chicken than if you kill his wife.


After some experimenting, I found that anything you did with a rope and a woman was almost always OK. If you want to hogtie all the females in the center of town and pour bear bait on them, you’ll probably unlock an achievement to the indifference of the townspeople. I tried tying a nun to my horse and dragging her past the sheriff to see if he’d do anything other than politely greet me. Not only did it seem OK, it actually seemed to cheer him up."

6 Things Red Dead Redemption Taught Me About (Hating) Women

No comments: