Thursday, September 14, 2006

Just how good could I be?

I got sent this by a recruiter yesterday,

Good afternoon Adam,

Your CV was sent to me today via Monster (one of our online recruitment partners). I have read through your profile notes and now wondered if the job description as attached would be of any interest? The position is a permanent vacancy working for a media and entertainment company based in Battersea, SW London.

They now seek a Java Developer with a salary bracket on offer in the region of £25k - £40k (negotiable on experience) but they will be expecting high quality for the upper end price!

If you are interested, please could you reply back to me with your full CV in Word format, confirming in the subject the job title that you would like to be considered for?

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at your earliest convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you. Best regards, Keith.


So I replied:


Keith,

Thanks for getting in contact.

Yes I do have one question. You said "but they will be expecting high quality for the upper end price". Could I go for the lower end price? I am sure I could manage poor to low quality. Just exactly low low quality could I get away with for £25k? Is it as simple as half as good as the £40k, or does the scale start at £25k? Could I just grunt and dribble on myself for that price?

If I was willing to drop another, say £5K, could I just sit there and wet myself?

Thanks, I look forward to a potential interview.
Adam

No comments: