Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Smoking is EVIL

On the train station platform this morning I was standing waiting for my train, having a cigarette and a little woman walks up to me and thrusts a leaflet at me, asking if I would like to read it. I didn't take it and I could see from the cover that it was a religious-based stop smoking leaflet. I politely said no, thank you, and she went off to wait for her train. I forgot my iPod this morning and walked right past the Metro stand, even though I was well early enough to get one, and therefore didn't have anything to read. So, after I finished me fag, I went and found the woman again and asked her for the leaflet. I figured it would at least give me something to read on the train.

So, according to the leaflet, which is distributed by the Apostolic Faith Mission (UK) on behalf of the Apostolic Faith Church in Oregon, USA, smoking is a sin, and cigarettes are the work of the devil. Seemingly in the same way that the temptation of eating is too great, but you don't see christians flogging themselves with birch branches for gobbling down a slice of toast or two do you?

http://www.apostolicfaith.org

Excert from the website:


"Just as the gauges on the dashboard alert us to impending problems, God alerts us to areas in our spiritual lives that need attention."

Do you hear that? God is your oil-warning light.

No comments: